Protecting Florida Workers
Employment disputes are often intricate and complex. Employees are protected in numerous ways under state and federal statutes – but you can only access those protections if you know them. Roller Rubinstein represents workers in Miami-Dade County and surrounding communities when they suspect they are not being treated fairly.
Our Employment Law Attorneys know the laws pertaining to employers and employees and how to apply those laws to your work situation. They include:
- The Florida Civil Rights Act
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Family Medical Leave Act
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
The Florida State Constitution also contains many provisions that protect workers’ rights, such as your right to work and to be paid an acceptable minimum wage. Florida also has some unique provisions that protect workers from discrimination due to their marital status and extend continuing health care coverage for workers in smaller companies.